Friday, November 28, 2008

Know Your History ~Sojourner Truth

Sojourner Truth's fight for the abolition of slavery, women's rights, and her attempt to help former slaves has made her a legend in American history. Despite the scars of slavery and the inability to read, she became a respected public speaker and advocate for the oppressed.



I believe that each Black Child should know their history, as well as the Adults. I'm be honest, I don't know much about our Black History and I haven't really taught my children much either about black history, probably, once a month and that will some change. It will change because I'mma change it, I'm going to starting buying Black History books, I'm going to take some classes and it's a lot of information online that I can research and learn about, so therefore I'm going to teach it to my children. I'm excited about that:-) Black History, in my opinion should not only be taught during the month of February, but throughout life period. Please, educate yourself and educate your kids about black history.


Peace & Love!
Brown Sistah

No comments: